The Rollercoaster Begins

Tomorrow I leave for what I thought would be a short East Coast trip with Tyrell before coming home then flying out to the Midwest for my big CD release shows. I just found out today that is not the case.

Tyrell is going to perform on the Today Show next Wednesday. This is great news for me. Any time you are on national TV its a good thing but I'm hoping that being on TV a few days before my show might drum up some more interest somehow. The only bad thing about it is that I'm leaving for the East Coast tomorrow and will stay out there until after we film the show. Then I will fly directly to Chicago for my little tour instead of coming home to LA first.

This means that I have to take everything with me for the tour. And I have a lot of logistics to straighten out before next week; I need to work out rides from the airport, I need to figure out where the heck we (the band) can stay in Indianapolis as there's no room for us at my mother's and most every hotel is booked, I need to figure out how to get a guitar amp for the Kalamazoo show, etc. That's a lot to deal with when you're on the road. But I'm pretty sure it will all come together smoothly.

So tomorrow I am off. After I do these gigs with Tyrell I'll head back to my hometown for my big gig. For all of you Indiana types I hope you can come to the show. Be looking in Wednesday's Indianapolis Star for an article on your's truly. I'm both nervous and excited about the whole experience.

Wish me luck everyone.


About this entry


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous 4:36 AM

    There is always room for everyone at dear old mom's, we'll just be a little crowded. I don't mind at all, you just would like to be able to put your band up in a hotel as that is what they are used too. (that's Indy in the month of May) This will make them remember their younger days when where you slept didn't matter just as long as you could crash somewhere. Don't worry it will work out great. Have a good time and see ya Wednesday on the Today Show.

    LYFE, Mom

     
  2. KHM 7:08 AM

    Hey---and its not like I've never slept with a band before---

    JUST KIDDING!

    LOL---can't wait, Lym. Its going to be great.

     
  3. Jeff 8:12 AM

    Wow, that's quite a trip!

    The Today Show! Fantastic!