Homicide; Busy Sunday

Since my return home I've spent quite a bit of time on my couch. As you all know leaving the house ain't so easy when you have a newborn (and from what I hear Milo is technically a newborn until 8 weeks) so I've been able to dive in to the DVDs that Kathy sent me, namely the first two seasons of 'Homicide: Life on the Streets'.

Now, growing up I was never a crime drama fan. As a matter of fact I rarely ever watch hour-long dramas period. Over the past few years I've developed quite an appreciation for 'Law and Order' because a) You don't have to watch every one of them to know what the hell is going on and b) The writing is typically terse and action-driven. These things and the fact that it has been on longer than any other crime drama lead me to believe that perhaps 'Law and Order' is the best crime drama ever.

That's until I watched 'Homicide'. Wowzers, what a show. Some of the best writing and acting I've ever seen. I was tearing through the first few DVDs of the series during late-night feedings and nap times until I realized that I was quickly going to reach the end of it. I savored the last few episodes and finished them up tonight. I could wax poetic on why it is good for paragraph upon paragraph but who would really want to read that? You just have to trust me, it's awesome.

Things are going well with Milo. The weather in LA has been beautiful, we went out to eat at a nice place where we knew we could eat outside (Chaioti's for those of you who read SunBaby). The food was great but it took a really long time to get a table outside. Then we tried to go to the park and couldn't get in. Yes they had closed the entrance to the park because there were so many people there. But it was a nice day regardless.

Except for one thing. In the morning while I was getting dressed I heard a huge THUD in our closet and looked up to see that our entire shelf and hanger-rod had fallen along with every stitch of clothing we had hanging or sitting on it. For those of you who haven't visited we have a really long closet that we share, it's about 14 ft. or so. The shelf and rod ran the length of the entire closet. So that's a big headache that could've waited for a better time ... if I had any confidence in my home-making skills I'd just buy a new storage system and install it myself. But I'm the least handy homeowner you know so I'll probably end up paying someone too much money to install it for me. But what the hell? I have diapers to change, let someone else handle the drilling.


About this entry


5 comments:

  1. KHM 8:06 AM

    Dude, Rob is the least handy homeowner ever. Don't even try.

    SO glad you're digging Homicide (life on the streets). Don't you love Det. Frank Pembleton?

    You're gonna love The Wire...

    I love you...

     
  2. Jason 7:28 AM

    What's a plane ticket from IND to LAX cost these days? I guess I'd have to check my cordless drill too, huh?

     
  3. Anonymous 10:12 AM

    Hi Nephew............great pics of mwm..he's really growing and so cute. Your mom and I had boyfriends on the show Homicide. Mine was Frank and her's was "G".
    I love that show.

     
  4. Lyman 2:57 PM

    Actually J we have a drill! It'll only cost you a plane ticket!

     
  5. KHM 9:40 PM

    Der, Lyman! I think Jason might save you the installation fees if you pick up the ticket... could be a good deal, ya know?