Grog

I feel like I've been in a daze for the past week. During our run at Catalina's I haven't been getting to bed until 1 or so but I seem to be waking up with Milo in the morning. While I've been able to get back to bed after he goes to Betty's, there's something about getting your sleep interrupted that leaves you tired for the rest of the day.

The gig was really good this week, the shows were packed which always helps. Brooke Burns was at the show last night, I'm pretty sure she's the hottest celeb who's seen us. Driving back from the Hollywood I noticed that the city had already begun preparing for the Oscars, there were bleachers being put up on Hollywood and Highland in front of the Kodak Theater. I thought to myself "gotta remember not to take the Highland exit in to Hollywood for the rest of the week." It's funny, instead of worrying about traffic because of the 500 or a parade or something I'm remembering to avoid the Hollywood traffic during Oscar time.

Typically I love the rain in L.A., all the smog and clouds are washed away making the sky bright and blue, you can see all of the mountains that surround you and the weather is nice and cool. But I'm fearing the rain that is in the forecast next weekend as Saturday our big first birthday party for Milo at a local park. The Evites have gone out and it looks like we're going to have a pretty fun time if we aren't rained out.

I just watched the new episode of The Wire today ... just, wow ...

I'm ashamed to admit this but I need to confess, I've watched not one but two MTV marathons of America's Next Top Model. Even though I firmly believe that MTV airing this show represents an all-time low for a once edgy and important network, there is something about watching pretty girls pose, fight, and cry that is irresistible. I hate myself for it.

And as a follow-up to my Sixteen Candles post, Molly Ringwald is turning 40 today. That will make you feel old!


About this entry


4 comments:

  1. KHM 4:30 PM

    I'm two episodes behind in my viewing! I've got to get these kids out of my way so I get my fix!

     
  2. KHM 6:17 AM

    dude--- we're in deep mourning here over The Wire's latest...

     
  3. Special K 7:33 AM

    Ah, now you know the delicious shame of watching ANTM...

     
  4. kbmulder 4:55 PM

    Grog was a character on my dad's coffee cup from the 70's.