Schadenfreude

scha·den·freu·de-Pronunciation[shahd-n-froi-duh]–noun

Satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Man, I'm enjoying this way too much. I gotta cut it out.

In work-related news I started a two-week run at Catalina's with Mistah Tyrell tonight. Catalina's is our home base and its usually a pretty good time. I'm playing more and more electric bass during the show which is a lot of fun for me.

Milo has been sick so the past few days have been rough sleep-wise. It looks like he is over the worst of it though.


About this entry


9 comments:

  1. KHM 12:34 AM

    Guess who else isn't sleeping?

    Somewhere recently I saw someone had written, "I love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning" --- what a great line! I wish I remember who, the context so I could attribute properly...

    I say enjoy your Superbowl levity. Because pretty soon, we'll have no more Wire and it will be a sad, sad world. Did you get the Honey Nut?

     
  2. Anonymous 4:55 AM

    I saw that boy on a TV show, just loving his "blade runners" as he calls them and laughing the whole time he was running. They thought he'd never walk and now he can even run. We love to laugh at someone's misfortune, it just seems to make everything right with the world. LYFE Milo's Nona

     
  3. kbmulder 7:51 AM

    Did you read Indy Star's Bob Kravitz's post super bowl article? Here's the link:
    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080204/COLUMNISTS01/802040370/1034/COLUMNISTS01

    ENJOY!

     
  4. Special K 8:25 AM

    I love Schadenfreude!

     
  5. kbmulder 9:05 AM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  6. Lyman 10:26 AM

    Thanks for the link KBM.

    But Carrie told me you and your husband root for the Patriots. I'm not sure if you can be trusted.

     
  7. Jason 10:43 AM

    Flippin hi-larious!!

     
  8. kbmulder 12:03 PM

    What!!! No way. We have never rooted for the Patriots. Even when we were in Patriotland with our in-laws watching the regular season Giants-Pats game.

     
  9. Special K 1:48 PM

    Anyway, why would carrie know who her friends root for? (: