Superblah? Hardly

Today (Superbowl Sunday) was shaping up to be a pretty blah day. I was planning to go to Vegas this weekend but those plans fell through. Then Carrie, Milo and I were going to go to a BBQ at some friends' house, but Milo got sick on Friday and was still running a slight fever today. I was stuck at home (I did not have permission to join my friends at our usual football hangout bar) with no jalapeno poppers, Buffalo Wings, or beer and a strong suspicion that the football team I hate more than any other would finish their perfect season and celebrate like the bunch of poor sportsmen they are.

What happened then? The most exciting Superbowl I've ever seen. I've never been happier for a team not named The Colts. And the New England Patriots' perfect season was ended by another QB named Manning--that's Poetic Justice folks. I'm telling you, sports provides some of the best dramatic narratives around.

Congrats Giants, thanks for giving a home-bound father a terrific game. After ordering a pizza and playing with my son it proved to be the 2nd most memorable Superbowl I've ever experienced.


About this entry


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous 10:26 PM

    Man, I enjoyed that. Great game to watch for those with no horse in the race. But, I admit, I was rooting for the G-Men too. It is going to be really hard to bite my tongue at work all this week.
    --patrick

     
  2. Lyman 11:18 PM

    Dude, I'd be talkin' so much shit if I were you.

    They'll probably act the way this blog predicts they will. You'll appreciate the humor.

     
  3. Anonymous 9:28 AM

    And we thought we could never agree on anything. :-)

    I didn't really watch the game, I don't generally watch sports, plus from what I had heard I expected the game to be over by half-time, but I did watch most of the 4th quarter and was thrilled to see the Giants win.

     
  4. Lyman 12:10 AM

    I think even to the most casual of fan, the end of the game was really exciting.