Valentine's

How kick-ass is my wife? I'll tell you; she is most kick-ass. For V-Day she got me this PSP Entertainment Pack that not only came with a PSP but with a cool game and Family Guy episodes as well. While I'm a huge nerd who loves video games, I'm always a couple of years behind the latest thing (which actually works well for me as the game system and its games are usually cheaper then). When the PSP came out two (or so) years ago I was still playing with my GameBoy Advance. I took my GBA on the last tour and I really didn't have much fun with it. Recently I'd been seriously considering buying either an XBox360 or PS3, but its hard for my to justify spending the money on one when I don't have a High Def television (a major selling point of both the XBox360 and PS3 as they both are capable of playing HD/BlueRay DVDs).

So Carrie cured my gaming jones with the perfect Valentine's Day gift. The PSP is awesome; movies, web browser, photos, videos, music and games. It is unreal how fantastic the graphics are. It will really help time fly when I'm on a plane (get it? ... *groan*).

While my V-Day gift was great, the day itself was unfortunately uncelebrated. We started another run at Catalina's in Hollywood; I had a rehearsal in the morning with a big band in town, a sound check all day long, and two sets this evening, didn't see the family much at all.

This guy proposed to his girlfriend in the middle of our second set tonight. Steve gave him the mic, he got down on his knees and proceeded to pop. She said 'yes' (good thing too, talk about a set-killer!). It was very sweet.

I hope you had a romantic and exciting Valentine's Day.


About this entry


3 comments:

  1. KHM 3:30 PM

    There's nothing like a good Valentine, is there? I mean the person, not the gift....

    And for YOUR Valentine, there was....

     
  2. Carrie 8:24 AM

    My husband is kick ass too- I love my new watch and the roses are still in bloom!

     
  3. KHM 9:02 AM

    Awww--- such sweet Valentines you guys are! I think you guys are just a terrific couple---as a married person, I really can't imagine anything better than that...