Birdland

Birdland is one of the greatest jazz clubs in the world and my favorite jazz club in NYC to play at for sure. The owner is a fan of Steve's and came to see our show opening night.

Tonight after the gig we headed over to Birdland to check out singer Hilary Kole who is the owner's girlfriend. She sang some on Steve's last record. Well she was incredible. She did the songs of Marylin and Alan Bergman, two of the best lyricists ever ... "The Way We Were," "You Must Believe In Spring," "Theme from Tootsie" ... all great songs. It was a lot of fun. And we were on the geust list and had the best seats in the house. Not bad.

In other news the CDs are finished. Not long now before they are delivered and The Funky Supervillain hits the streets.

Keep your ears to the ground, dig?


About this entry


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous 4:57 AM

    Isn't one of your favorite movies called Birdland? I remember we watched it together. I guess I need to switch the dial on my radio a time or two, you know me just cruisin' and listenin' to the oldies. It sounds like you're really enjoying your NYC stay. Please make sure my copy of the cd gets in the mail asap, you know I can't wait to hear it any longer than a minute. How wonderful for you. I'm with Kathy you're life is about to move to the next level. Congrats on the cd. LYFE Mom

     
  2. KHM 2:58 PM

    you read my mind, Lym. I'm dying to put in my order. Let me know when it will hit your website so I can arrange for a tractor-trailer full. LYFE--
    kathy

     
  3. Anonymous 4:02 AM

    Hey, kiddo:

    Sounds like you're really in that Life in the Fast Lane...so do take care of yourself...you can whine to us if you need to!

    Hope you can catch the Colts game this weekend...can you imagine...10 & 0 possibility!!! whoo hoo!!!

    Love,SueAnne

     
  4. Lyman 1:11 AM

    As of right now Carrie has all of the CDs and a box of them are being shipped to me. I'll have all of the info for you guys next week.

    I'm so excited and nervous I can hardly stand it.

    And go COLTS! A lot of critics are predicting the first loss for the big blue this weekend, but if they show up ready to play no one can beat them!

     
  5. Lyman 1:12 AM

    And the movie was just called "Bird" starring Forrest Whitaker as Charlie Parker.