Carlyle Week Four/Thanksgiving/Carrie's Visit/Letterman

So the fourth week of our nine week run is over. We're almost half-way through. Playing the same songs every night is starting to wear on me but I'm still having fun when the crowds are good, which they were this week. Celebrities this week included Joan Collins, designer Chris Madden, Dennis Farina, and Robin Givens.

Thanksgiving was great. Carrie and I went to the Macy's parade in the morning (I hope to have pictures up soon). It was fun ... crowded and cold but fun. Then we had lunch at a great Italian resturaunt on the West Side with the Tyrells and other family and friends from the band. It was really good; pumpkin and ginger soup, pumpkin ravioli, turkey with stuffing and sauce, pumpkin pie with cinnamon gelato. We had to work that night which sucked ass because nobody was there, but it was still a nice holiday.

Carrie had a good visit, it was so nice seeing her again. We didn't do much touristy as the crowds were terrible and I had to work every day, but we did walk up and down 5th Ave. to look at the window displays, have dinner with friends, etc. I can't wait until she comes back.

For anyone interested, I'm going to be on Letterman Tuesday night playing "Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer" with Regis. That's right, I'm playing with friggin' Regis. Steve is his producer so there will be a few guys from the Tyrell band there. It should be a lot of fun so tune in.

Hope everyone had a great holiday.


About this entry


11 comments:

  1. Anonymous 6:20 PM

    Now that's sweet. Granted probably not your dream job, but Regis, come on...plus on Letterman. Geeez, a day earlier and you coulda through in Oprah too...

    Keep jammin..

    Paul

     
  2. Anonymous 6:21 PM

    ummmm threw is what i meant to say...lol

    Paul

     
  3. Anonymous 6:56 AM

    How exciting. I'll set my VCR for sure. I'm glad you had such a good time while Carrie was there. Can't wait to see the pictures.

    LYFE, MOM

     
  4. Domenick Bartuccio 10:43 AM

    I may actually have to watch Letterman now.

     
  5. Jeffool 12:47 AM

    *sigh* I can't believe I'm going to sit through Regis AND Letterman. Dude, if you weren't my pal... Oh, and put me on whatever email thing you got going. I didn't get an email about the album either.

     
  6. Lyman 7:50 AM

    You should've gotten something at MySpace, dude.

    And I can see not liking Letterman, but Regis? Who can dislike Regis?

     
  7. nikki 7:57 AM

    i will be totally checking you out! thanks for the heads up.

     
  8. Anonymous 9:35 AM

    Hi Nephew.......you looked MAVAHALOUS, DAHLING!!!!!!! Give us some of the details.
    Love you, Aunt Carol

     
  9. Lyman 2:10 PM

    not many details to tell

    Regis is a really funny guy. I didn't meet Trump or Dave or Tom Hanks. I just kind of showed up and did it.

    The studio is really really cold, my fingers were hurting it was so cold.

    Paul Schaeffer is a nice guy.

    So there you go.

     
  10. Anonymous 4:04 AM

    Hey, Sweetie:

    You looked MARVELOUS! Right behind Regis...good placement! It did look like you had a good time, and I've always thought Regis was a funny guy.

    Did you get to see any of the highlights of Mon Nite Football? That first play...thought the inflatable roof was going to blow off...fans REALLY into the game... I'm starting to believe it's our year!!!!!

    So glad you got to see the parade...on my list of things to do before I check out...hopefully some day!

    Take care & enjoy the rest of your time in NYC...Reg gave Steve a nice plug during his set!!

    We all love you so much and are so very proud of you!!!!!!

    GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    sueAnne

     
  11. Lyman 9:15 AM

    You kidding me? I saw the entirety of Monday Night Football. Best game of the year, I wished I was there! If the Letterman taping had been on Monday instead of Tuesday I'm afraid Regis would've had a different bass player.

    Made them Steelers look like a bunch of wussies!