Lyman in the City

Well so far I'm digging my situation here in NYC.

Our apartment is great, really. It's big and we both (that is Jon the keyboardist and I) have our own bedrooms with plenty of privacy with a nice living area and kitchens. We're going to be throwing a Christmas party for sure.

Last night was opening night at the Carlyle. Before the show we had gruelling rehearsals the evening before and the day of. The Carlyle is a small room and I mean SMALL. They usually only have trios in there but there are seven guys in Steve's band ... It's tight and uncomfortable when I'm playing, hopefully something can be figured out, I'd hate to play the entire run like this.

I'm "living" right by Rockefeller Center and all of the expensive shops on Madison and Fifth avenues. It's cool but I'm sure we'll be overrun when the holidays start. But it's a nice spot and a nice building.

So there you go. I've been trying to stay away from black and white cookies and pizza ... Hasn't worked so far.


About this entry


1 comments:

  1. Anonymous 4:50 AM

    I'm glad you like your apartment and that it will be good for company and parties during the holidays. Location, Location, Location. I saw a news show on bedbugs and they were in upscale hotels and apartments and of course they were showing the ones in NYC. Please check for little black & red (blood, what they live on) dots on the headboard and mattress or if you get any bites. You can see them at night when it's dark. Bedbugs are up 500% in the last 10 years. It was yucky. The only good thing is they don't carry disease, they just infiltrate everything and are hard to get rid of. Scarey. I'm just a ray of sunshine, aren't I? I know you are going to have such a wonderful time. I'm excited for you.

    LYFE Mom