So long Los Angeles, see you next year

Well, I'm off.

In a few hours I'm getting picked up to head to NYC for my two-month gig. This day was a long-time coming. I've known about the gig for so long it was just sort of looming there on my datebook.

Being away from home is going to be hard, but I will get to see Carrie in a few weeks over Thanksgiving. For those that know her please drop her a line and check in on her for me, I hate that she's by herself. I can't stand sleeping in our bed alone, I don't know how she does it.

And Murphy! Will he forget who I am? I hope not. Luckily he will be flying out to join us at Christmas time.

But adventures in the Big City await! I'll be sure to update my blog often, the holidays in Manhattan, it should be quite an experience.


About this entry


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous 5:50 AM

    Have fun and hopefully the time will fly until Carrie is able to join you. Did you leave a dirty sock behind for Murphy so he won't forget you? I can't imagine how much fun you and Carrie will have doing holidays in NYC.

    LYFE, Mom

     
  2. Drew 9:21 AM

    I would assume that you aren't staying at the place were you are playing... Cheapest room in the place is $650. For an entire band, that's going to start eating into the profit, right? Looks awesome though. It should be fun to be in NYC during the holidays, though I can't imagine doing it without my wife either.

     
  3. Lena 2:17 PM

    See you soon!

     
  4. Lyman 8:03 AM

    i have an apt sublet and thank goodness, those hotels can get stuffy and be a drag to be at after a while ...

    but there is a band rate of $250/night, thats cheaper than any other place in NYC youll find