Tokyo pt. 2

Things are still going really well here in Tokyo. Our first hotel was in an area called Repponghi where all of the nighclubs are. Now we are staying in Akasaka which is more of a business district. There is an area with great resturaunts and I have found a cheap noodle place to eat at ... this is helpful since things can get pretty expensive in this city.

Saturday I went to Shibuya that is a lot like Time Square/Midtown Manhattan. I went by myself on the subway. I always like doing that, it really gives you a feel for the city you are in. I went to the Tower Records there and got some great CDs that you can't find in the states very easily, I'll give a report on those later. The subway here is fantastic, a lot cleaner and easier to manage than the NYC subway.

Tonight was our first gig at the Blue Note. It went really well. There were a lot of folks in the audience which is good since this is Steve's first time in Japan, hopefully we can come back. The crowd was very enthusiastic and the club really treated us well. It's going to be a fun couple of days.

After the gig I went to another jazz club with Louie and heard some great musicians. We hung out with them afterwards. I love doing stuff like that. Hanging out with locals makes you feel like less of a tourist.

Okay, it's almost 4 AM. I'm definately back on schedule from the jet-lag now.


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. Jason 11:41 AM

    I envy your travels. Have you been taking some pictures there?

     
  2. Lyman 6:39 PM

    yeah, but only with disposable cameras (I lose too much shit to carry around a nice one) ... I'll get them developed on Snapfish and post them