Eleventh Hour in the Making of my CD

I got the final mastering product from the mastering engineer today. Man, it sounds great. I couldn't be more happy with the overall sound of the recording; the guys who mixed and mastered it really did a wonderful job. The basic designs for the CD insert are finished, just a few minor tweaks and it will be all set to send off to the printer.

I met with a duplication company today. They do good stuff and the guy there seems easy to work with and the price is decent.

I'm starting to get a little concerned now. I'm certainly not going to have the record in hand by the time I leave for NYC, so I'm going to be on the other side of the country when it is finished. As far as the actual product goes, this is not a huge deal, the guy at the duplication company said he could mail the CDs wherever so I can have a hundred or so mailed to me and the rest mailed to my website guy who will be selling them. But now that I think about it it would be great if I were in LA so I could call people, give it to them, etc.

Maybe that's nothing to be concerned about. As long as the CD is available online and I have some to send to places to get reviewed I can wait for the heavy "marketing" and CD release shows until next year. That sound like a fine idea to you?


About this entry


6 comments:

  1. Ed 7:14 PM

    That sounds fabulous to me, Lyman.

    I know you'll be on the road, but you've got to let us know when it drops so we can buy them.

     
  2. Anonymous 6:23 AM

    I'm so happy for you. Your first start to finish, in total control cd. I know all your friends and family here will want you to autograph them, so if they can wait till you get home that could happen. I of course want one right away, I can't wait.

    LYFE, Mom

     
  3. Lyman 7:15 AM

    My autograph isn't worth the ink it's written on!

     
  4. Drew 10:26 AM

    The autograph may not be worth much now (in your opinion), but that's the great thing about autographs. If you get the right one, they appreciate with time. What do you think a Babe Ruth signed baseball goes for now? Same logic with yours...

     
  5. KHM 6:09 PM

    It sounds terrific, Lyman and I'm sure you must be VERY excited---probably almost as much as me and your Mom! I can't wait kid so I'll be buying mine PRONTO and getting the autograph when I catch you in the Big Apple.

    Have I mentioned that I can't wait to hear it? And to give it as holiday gifts?

     
  6. Lyman 6:36 PM

    Now that's the kind of enthusiasm I like to hear.

    Thanks guys.