Poker

I have been playing a whole lot of cards since we've been here in Atlantic City. A lot. A couple of nights ago I played a midnight tournament at the Taj and came in 5th place out of 115 players (got back to my room at 5 AM). I'm up in the regular game I've been playing here at our hotel too. Needless to say I'm up quite a bit. I can finally say I'm a decent poker player. Since this poker fad got so huge a few years ago I've heard a lot of guys tell me how good they are and even how they want to be a pro player. That's jive. Being a pro player would be so incredibly hard and anyone who tells you he's good is full of it. I mean, why would you want a stranger to know you are good? So they'll be intimidated and NOT want to play you? I just want to be a profitable player so I can play 'for free' which I'm on my way to doing.

Other than that AC is fine. The shows have been going well and the weather has been pretty good. Two more nights then we leave for Connecticut.


About this entry


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous 12:22 PM

    Glad you're having a good time. You better start getting some rest though cause little night owl Milo will be joining you in NYC and instead of poker you will be playing Big Daddy in the middle of the night so Carrie can finally rest. I bet you really miss them even though you're out among 'em all the time. You just need to be with the loved ones to be really happy. LYFE Mom

     
  2. KHM 2:25 PM

    do you wear shades at the table?

     
  3. Lyman 3:21 PM

    shades are for posers