Memorial . Day Weekend

Life has been pretty laid-back since returning from NYC. Well, as laid-back as you can get with a three-month old baby. Friday night I played poker with the boys and had a very poor showing considering how well things went for me in Atlantic City. No biggie, you can't win all of the time. Friday I also had the first session with my personal trainer. My gym is running a special, 5 sessions for $100 so I figured "why not?" Of course I've been sore ever since. Yesterday I had a gig with a great vibes player Nick Mancini. The performance was part of a benefit happening all weekend long for the Pasadena Jazz Institute which is a really, really nice club in, well, Pasadena. The gig didn't pay since it was a benefit but I think I got a show for the Lower Level out of it. That will be pretty sweet if it happens.

Today we went to some friends for a cookout. I made the Macaroni and Cheese I made for Easter but souped it up Mexican-style (with bell peppers, adobo sauce, jalapenos, etc.) since they were grilling up tacos. Before leaving for the cookout I watched a bit of the Indy 500, disappointing finish. I hope to take Milo to the race one day.

Not much on tap for tomorrow (besides another session with my trainer, ouch!). Hope everyone has a good holiday.


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. KHM 6:22 AM

    Was the Mac and Cheese well received? That's the one you did with a white/cheese sauce? MMMMM. Carrie is one lucky chick.

    Of course her husband's not doing so badly himself...

     
  2. Lyman 8:20 AM

    yes it was

    and yes she is