Cinco de Mayo

If ya' don't know May 5th marks my 32nd birthday.

Wow. That's old. Seriously. Please, spare me from the "you're still young, wait until you're my age!" talk. 32 moves you into an entirely different demographic. But I'm not trying to have a pity-party or anything, it's just a realistic observation. Dinner at 4 PM with sugar-free green jello for dessert while watching re-runs of Matlock and Murder She Wrote is all I have to look forward to.

I kid, I kid. Happy Birthday to me.

What did I ask my lovely wife for for my birthday? Nothing. You see I'm ashamed to admit what a bonehead I've been over the past few weeks but now its time to come clean. Firstly I left my Valentine's Day gift, a fantastic PSP, on a plane at the Atlanta airport. I was hopeful I'd get it back as I knew the flight # and seat where I had left it but that was nothing buy blind optimism. After a week I knew it wasn't coming back. Secondly I ran over my iPod with my car. I was loading my luggage into the back of my ride and forgot my briefcase. I put the car into reverse, gassed it, and heard a loud *CRACK*. I feared my laptop was crushed but luckily it was spared. But I certainly killed my iPod.

So after some savvy eBay-ing I have another PSP (with a bunch of cool games) and I bought myself another iPod earlier in the week (160 GB Video Classic, an upgrade over my first generation 30 GB Video ... sweet ...) so that is all the birthday presents I need. Nay, that is all the birthday I deserve.

So for the first time in a few years I am home for my birthday. We are having Cinco de Mayo happy hour at a nice Mexican place with some friends to celebrate.

31 had its peaks and valleys but was a gas overall. Let's hope 32 is even better.


About this entry


7 comments:

  1. Jeffool 11:36 PM

    Happy birthday sir. May the peaks be higher, and the valleys more easily scaled.

     
  2. Corinne 4:26 AM

    Happy Birthday Lyman. I hope you have a great day.

    Love,
    Corinne

     
  3. Jeff 5:15 AM

    Happy birthday, Bro!

     
  4. Anonymous 5:20 AM

    Happy Birthday. I'll be thinking about you at 1:30pm. That is when you came into this world all those years ago. You'll always be my baby. LYFE Mom

     
  5. KHM 5:34 AM

    happy birthday, buttmunch! Love you.

    The only thing to fear in aging is that people might begin to presume you have no relevance... I'm thinking that will never happen to you!

    Happy happy!

     
  6. Nana 5:46 AM

    Happy Birthday to my other son. I am so happy that you have been a part of our family all these years. Watching you and Jason through you teenage years, the young adult years, finding Carrie and Corinne and now being the great fathers that you both are brings tears to my eyes. I am so glad that we were able to spend time with you last week. Enjoy your day and time with Carrie and Milo. Karen

     
  7. Special K 1:38 PM

    I thought I was young until I started this job and work with a bunch of college students. Best line lately, "Netscape!? I haven't used that since like 8th grade!" and I was like, "What's that youngster? We didn't even HAVE the internets back when I was a wee child!"