McCain Double Talk?

So let's look at the other side of the coin, the following is a video on YouTube that has skyrocketed to the most viewed clip of the day.



I'm trying to look at this objectively. In my prior post there was an article written without any source citation at all, it was pointed out to me that this was okay because it was an editorial. The preceding video is also editorial yet you see McCain speaking in his own words in interviews and debates yet context could be argued for a couple of the clips. The claims seem to be backed up.

Which editorial piece is more credible?

Is it better to have a good, persuasive yet "flowery" (still not too sure what that means) speaker or one who seems to have been caught in double-talk?


About this entry


4 comments:

  1. Drew 5:25 AM

    I would disagree that you are looking at the other side of the coin. I think you found the same side of a different coin. You responded on the previous comments section at 11:54 and then posted this video at 12:01 (give or take) referencing my comments. To me, that means that you went to find a video of McCain and posted the first thing that made him look like an ass.

    Editorials are inherently skewed to one side or the other and basing beliefs entirely around them is difficult.

    The video would "seem" to imply double speak, but I have yet to see a politician that doesn't do that (see campaign finance reform for an example for the two leading candidates as an obvious example).

    I think it's interesting that it would appear that because you know that I'm not for Obama that I must be for McCain. While less publicized, there are several third-party candidates that I'm starting to evaluate in more detail. My mind hasn't been decided yet.

    McCain may be the other side of the dirty coin, but there are other coins available to choose as well.

     
  2. Lyman 6:52 AM

    You flatter yourself by thinking the entire post was directed towards you. I have a YouTube gadget on my Google homepage that tells me the most viewed clips of the day, this was #1. This is the first clip in about a week that hasn't been sexual or about sports.

    Its one thing to change your mind on an issue, its another to directly contradict yourself. That's something I haven't seen for a while.

    I hadn't given much thought to who you're going to vote for. And I know there are many candidates out there but I would bet the house that only two have a chance of winning.

     
  3. Drew 10:00 AM

    You're right, I do flatter myself. I'm quite a catch. :-)

    Bravo for well timed videos.

    I really don't know what to say now that we both verbalized something that we both agree on. We both agree I think highly of myself.

     
  4. Special K 8:03 PM

    at 12:02, I'm sure McCain was out there making an ass of himself. (: