Hellacious Travel

11 hrs. from LAX to Tokyo, 1.5 hrs. layover, 5.5 hrs. from Tokyo to Manila ... a day of travel like that can really test your patience. But I am here in Manila safe and sound. Last night after finally arriving at the hotel I ordered a sandwich, took a bath, had a glass of wine and a Vicodin and woke up this morning feeling like a million dollars. I'm hoping I'm all caught up with my jet-lag, I'll find out soon enough.

Manila is great (this is my second time here), the people are warm and friendly, most folks speak English. The hotel is quite nice and I had a fantastic breakfast here this morning.

Basketball is quite popular in The Phillipenes so luckily the Lakers are on right now. I'm going to get back to the game, soundcheck in a few hours.


About this entry


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous 4:27 AM

    I'm glad you made it safe and sound. It does sound like quite the ordeal. Hope the show was great and you are ready to fly again back to Tokyo. LYFE Mom

     
  2. KHM 6:47 AM

    be sure to find some lumpia! Mmmmm. Lumpia....and beer.

     
  3. Carrie 11:18 AM

    Dinner, wine, bath and vicodin- funny that's just what I did with Milo the other night. Just kidding. I'm glad you're enjoing yourself. What will you bring me?

     
  4. Lyman 8:18 PM

    I'm going to bring you a balut.

     
  5. KHM 8:25 PM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  6. KHM 8:28 PM

    A balut? Ewwwww. have you been watching Anthony Bourdain?