Summoned

After calling the courthouse every day this week and being told I didn't need to show up for jury duty I thought I was going to get off Scott free. But when I called last night to check for today, the last day of my required availability, I of course was told to come to the courthouse.

So here I am. Let's see if I have to serve.

You know in L.A. there are a lot of restaurants that hang signed pictures of celebrities who have patronized their place. In typical L.A. fashion at the Van Nuys Courthouse there are faux movie posters with pictures of actors on the wall saying "JURY SERVICE starring Jamie Lee Curtis. She performed Jury Service, have you?"

UPDATE:
Lunch break. One case went to trial but I didn't get called to petition. One case has plead and another won't trial until next week so there is one case left on the docket, if it pleads we go home.


About this entry


3 comments:

  1. KHM 10:14 AM

    that's fabulous! I hope you have enough diversion to occupy your brain and time while you await your fate...

     
  2. Lyman 1:07 PM

    Luckily my airplane briefcase stocked with PSP, iPod, laptop, DVDs, book, and magazines is by my side.

     
  3. kbmulder 1:37 PM

    Wow, you have a regular plethora of multi-media devices. But what would you do if stranded on a desert island? (after the juice runs out on your devices).

    Let us know if you had to do that last case. I've never even been summoned before.