Quick Trip

I had a really good time in Oklahoma. This is the third time we've played at this venue and the folks that promote/host the show are really great. I had some really great food including some good BBQ and I re-connected with an old friend of mine from Ball State. I didn't even know this guy lived in Oklahoma now, aren't Facebook Status Updates great?

He showed me the memorial for the Oklahoma City bombing. It was really moving; there's a stone chair for each victim that is lit at the base. Each chair is positioned in the location that the victim's body was found, the chairs all face a still, shallow pool. On each side are enormous, free-standing walls with clocks on them denoting the times off the attack. I saw the memorial at night which made it more powerful as the lights from the chairs really cast a mood. It is a beautiful tribute.

I'm back home now. Thank goodness we avoided Galveston. The show is supposed to be re-scheduled for next month but I don't see how with all of the damage the city has suffered.

The Colts squeaked out an ugly win today. Hopefully the team finds its rhythm soon, my nerves can't take a whole season of this. I was at my sports bar this morning downright nauseus watching the game. In other sports news the Dodgers are doing quite well, hopefully the rest of their season will be less nerve-racking for me.

If you didn't know Mom is coming to visit soon. She'll be in L.A. on Tuesday. We're all looking forward to her trip.


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. KHM 5:35 AM

    whoa, yeah; Ike was rough on southeast Texas. A buddy of mine in Houston has been posting photos on FB of his property loss.

    I'm glad the Colts won; I couldn't have taken it for ya. You were at a sports bar in the morning....? Were they serving chorizo and eggs?

    I'd love to see the Oklahoma Memorial. Your description does indeed sound very moving.

     
  2. Lyman 7:29 AM

    Football games start at 10 AM here on the West Coast. I did have eggs, no chorizo though.