Wave Mechanics Union


You might remember me mentioning a couple of times over the past year or so that while visiting Indy I had done some recording with my old friend Ryan Fraley and a big band CD he was working on.

Well, the CD is finally out. It's really good and I'm proud of my playing on it. The music is classic and progressive rock songs rearranged for big band, but don't think of it as a gimmick. The arrangements are great, the playing is solid and hearing these songs in a jazz/symphonic context is really interesting.

Please check it out. You can listen to it and order it from the website or Amazon.


About this entry


7 comments:

  1. KHM 11:46 AM

    I was JUST wondering about this yesterday. Can't wait to hear it!

     
  2. KHM 4:28 PM

    Neat! Lydia McAdams has a niiiiice voice and uses it quite well! Its funny how fitting some of these songs sound to me; like they were supposed to be arranged thus all along.

    My disc will be here soon enough but I'm really enjoying these preview clips. Is Ryan Fraley the piano player? How "big" was the band? Sounds like a full orchestra!

    Funny, De Do Do Do sounds a lot like "Shattered" by the Stones, rhythmically. Did you know I saw The Police on their Zenyatta Mondatta tour; one of my first concerts? At Blaisdell arena in Honolulu.

    This is a nice credit to add to your growing list, dude.

     
  3. Carrie 1:45 PM

    Aside from the incredible bass playing, I really like the female vocals on this album too.

     
  4. Lyman 2:50 PM

    Ryan plays trombone and arranged most of the stuff.

     
  5. KHM 4:43 PM

    I love a trombone player. They have good embouchures.

     
  6. Anonymous 1:23 AM

    So glad you played on this thing, man!

    -Justin Kessler

     
  7. Lyman 7:50 AM

    Likewise, I hadn't heard your piano parts until I got the CD. Good shit my man.