Friday Night

The school gig yesterday was okay. Similar to the other ones I did earlier in the month. Fine but a bit futile. Then this morning I did a rehearsal with some guys I play with from time to time, that was pretty fun. The leader of the group is great composer/arranger and had some great new charts for us to read.

Carrie and I are going to see the new Woody Allen movie Melinda and Melinda tonight. I'm a huge fan of his but I have to admit, he hasn't made a great movie in a long, LONG time. I'd say The Sweet And Lowdown was his last great one and I think I was a bit partial to that one since it was about a jazz musician. Hopefully this will be a good one.

We saw Fever Pitch the other day. It was alright. I had higher hopes for it since it was about baseball and all but it got kind of slow and wasn't that funny and didn't parallel the drama of last year's Red Sox season very well.

I normally don't see two movies in one week. But this no cable thing has me at wits end.

Maybe they'll show Sports Center highlights before the film tonight. I can only hope.


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. Lena 4:33 PM

    I can't believe I haven't heard anything about his new flick. I'm definitely doing a websearch on it right now.

    Is it in theaters?

    If it's over there, it's got to be over here.

     
  2. Lyman 9:47 AM

    Yeah it's in theaters and has been for a month or so.

    If you're a Woody Fan you'll like it, but in general its been getting pretty bad reviews.

    I dug it. Clever script. See it and tell me what you think.