Bossa

My gig last night at Maggiano's went really well. It was with a bossa nova group I play with called Billeeto. The singer is amazing. Her name is Jessica, she's going to record with me for my album. It's always a lot of fun playing with her. And the drummer was good too, it was Andrew the guy who I'd done all of those Middle School performances with. So it was a lot of fun. And towards the end of the night Carrie showed up with my cousins Tracy and Kathy. I was really glad they got to see me play in a setting outside of Tyrell's band. They arrived a little late as my wife is a little directionally impaired and traffic was really bad. But they made it and we had a good time.

Afterwards I drove them back to their hotel. I took the scenic route so I could drive them through the Sunset Strip and a little of UCLA's campus.

So today I'm just hanging with my cousins save for the gig I have to do in the early evening. It's a cocktail reception after a wedding. It only lasts an hour which is why I took it. But come to find out a couple of days ago that I have to load up my bass and my gear like FOUR HOURS before the gig starts! What a drag. If I'd known that I probably wouldn't have taken it, but my friend Gary got me the gig and I didn't want to back out on him.

Regardless me and the cousins are going for Hawaiian BBQ today ... I bet my mom's jealous!


About this entry


1 comments:

  1. Anonymous 4:07 AM

    Really interesting post. I need to get rid of some 20 pounds or so. I hope to get this done by using keys fitness treadmills. It will be hard work for me...

    See you,

    Peter