NO! Not the No-Money Tree Again?!

Yesterday Carrie and I went to the baptism of some friends of ours little girl. It was neat, I'd never been to a Catholic baptism before. Afterwards we went over to their house for lunch with their friends and family. It was a fun time.

So we get home, I make dinner, and we are on the couch about ready to call it a night (this was around 9PM I'd say) when I get a really weird phone call from a pianist friend of mine. It went something like this:

"Hey Lyman, I'm here at the Money Tree. I have a gig tonight but our bass player is too messed-up to play. He says his back hurts but I think he's too high and can't play the gig. Can you come out?"

Now I hate the Money Tree as I've said before. And I was on my couch in my jammies. But I figured here was a friend of mine who needed some help. Even though the gig payed peanuts I was totally capable of going down there and playing with him. So I said yes. The gig was okay. I really wasn't feeling the drummer. And it was a jam session so a bunch of folks sat in that weren't that great (I can be such an elitist sometimes!). But it was fine. Man, I don't want to play there again for a while.

Afterwards I went over to Woodman and caught up with some of they boys I hadn't seen in a while. Then me and my friend Pasta went to IHOP at 2AM. Real smart Lyman.

So I was home by 3:30.

I love it when your night takes a turn like that. Keeps you on your toes.


About this entry


0 comments: