Houston

The trip to Houston was pretty fun even though it was short. As I said before Tyrell is from Houston so it's always a big deal when we play there. A bunch of his childhood friends who are successful businessmen organized this really big concert. Wed. after we landed we went to a reception they were having for us. Free booze always goes over very well with the band. The guys and I all hit a sports bar afterwards. I befriended a guy from Arizona who was rooting for the Diamondbacks as they beat my Dodgers once again. He was cool and took us to a great club afterwards. There were some fine women there, unfortunately there were like 4 guys for every hot girl. Not that I would've talked to any of them ... not lil' ol' me! But it's always nicer to look at hot chicks than drunk dudes. By the end of the night it was clear that we'd all been "overserved" and it was time to head back to the hotel.

The next day was the day of the show. The soundcheck was brutal and I was stuck with a horrible bass (they've been renting instruments for me as opposed to flying around wiht my own). But we had some great BBQ for lunch and the show went really well.

I met up with a friend of mine from CBR, Crandal (CO Jones to you CBR-types). He's a great guy and it was fun hanging with him. After the show there was a big dinner (them Texans like to eat!) and it was back to the hotel. I just walked in my door a little while ago.

Now it's time to relax before I head to my gig tonight and meet up with my cousins.

Toodles!


About this entry


0 comments: