"Start spreading' the news ..."

" ... I'm leaving in November"

I'm going to be a New Yorker folks. For a couple of months anyway. Steve Tyrell has accepted a two-month residency at the Carlisle Hotel in NYC from November through the New Year.

I'm pretty excited about this. For a few reasons; NYC is Mecca to a jazz musician--the center of the jazz universe, I have quite few friends in the city (musicians and otherwise) so I won't feel like a tourist for two months, we have two days off every week, two months of steady income is a GREAT thing for a musician.

The downside of course is being away from Carrie and Murphy. But they can fly out a couple of times. When I was touring with Michael Buble I was gone for just as long (and most of it was out of the country) and we managed. This might be rough but Carrie thinks its a great idea.

Weird thing is it's so far away. But it's tough not to think about something you're so excited for.

*********

In other news Carrie and I are trying to cut back on bills since getting bent over by Mr. TaxMan. So we decided (well, she decided, I had to go along) to get rid of the cable. And it sucks. The only TV I watch are ESPN, Fox Sports, Food Network, and Comedy Central. Now I'm left with none of them. I'm missing Dodgers games, it's a total drag. Hopefully I can get it back soon.


About this entry


4 comments:

  1. Ed 10:44 AM

    That is awesome. NYC is definitely within driving distance for me, and I've always wanted to hit up one of those CBRNY love-ins.

     
  2. Lyman 11:38 AM

    You know, I've spent SO much time in NYC and I've never met up with one CBR-type. I was there for an entire month in 03 and 04 and it still never happened. This time I'll hunt them down like dogs if I have to!

     
  3. Lena 8:48 AM

    Sweet deal.

    We'll definitely have to schedule a CBRNY.

     
  4. Lena 8:48 AM
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.