Making the Scene

After a pretty slow day of running errands yesterday I went out and saw some friends play in Hollywood.

I haven't really gone out and checked out local jazz music for a while. I feel like I need to get back on the scene. I'm in and out of town so much I fell like I've fallen out of the loop. I want to play more jazz, maybe get my own group together and try to hustle some gigs. I like playing with Tyrell and all, but the gig is pretty light on the creativity side. So I've decided to start going out more, like I was doing a couple of years ago. Besides, Tyrell has started recording his next record in NYC which of course means that I'm not on it. My career is going to stand still if I expect his band to lead to bigger oppurtunities.

The sun's out after a couple of grey days in LA, that's always a good thing.


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. Lena 9:03 AM

    Oh good, your comment option still works.

    Yesterday it was giving a strange message.

     
  2. Lyman 10:10 AM

    my blog's been acting funny for a week or so