Another week begins ...

I had a great weekend with my cousins. Traffic to and from my gig was a real drag and by the end of the day I was beat. But Kathy and Tracy rode with me during the day when I had to drop off my stuff so that was fun. Those two are fun conversationalists. Tracy left on Sunday and that evening Carrie, Kathy and I went into Hollywood to see “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.” I was a bit skeptical about the movie, but it was really good. The director was great, he really had a handle on the book and kept it interesting throughout without delving too deep into absurdist English humor which can get really dry really quick.

Today I got some errands done. Earlier this evening Kathy and I just hung out, listened to music and shot the shit. It was a good time for sure.

**********

Lately there have been a lot of crazy highway shootings here in SoCal. Some moron just decides to pull up next to a random car and blow the hell out whoever is in the other car. Real nice. And the last two shootings have been fairly close to our neighborhood. Usually this stuff doesn’t bother me. But a couple of weeks ago there were two drive-by shootings in our little city as well. All this shooting piles up on ya after a while.

I’m sure it will be fine. But you can’t help feeling uneasy at times.

We’re celebrating my birthday tomorrow since I’m leaving for another tour on Wed. and I’ll be in Rochester on the 5th.

Twenty-nine years old … Thirty looms large!!


About this entry


0 comments: