Back Home Again

I have returned. My neck is sore from sleeping poorly, my back hurts from long plane trips and car rides, I'm dehydrated from all of the coffee and alcohol and I'm tired as hell. But I'm finally back home.

Pittsburg was a lot of fun. We got really great tickets to the Pirates game on Friday night; free dinner and seats right behind home plate. I love the perks of my job. The Pirates were playing the Brewers. It was a good game and the Brewers won it in the 9th. Since I wasn't watching my beloved Boys in Blue I decided to score the game. This is where you mark every at-bat and keep a record of how the game is played out. It was a fun and I think I'll do it again.

That night in the hotel I ran into a friend of mine from Kalamazoo who is touring with this alternative folk singer. It was one hell of a coincidence, we were both staying at the same hotel on the same night. We freaked out when we saw each other. I was so happy to see him doing well. I love seeing other midwestern-types making it for themselves in the music business. It can seem pretty unattainable growing up away from a big city.

The Pacers and Dodgers both lost today. Boo Hiss.

Now for some much-needed rest.


About this entry


0 comments: