The Rock Show That Was Meant To Be

One of my favorite bands in college was called Soul Coughing. They were a great, offbeat group that sort of combined poetry, sampling, and crazy lyrics and wrote some exceptional songs. They broke up back in 00’ and I missed the chance to ever see them live. When we were in Rochester a couple of weeks ago we hung out with one of the promoters the night of our show. Through conversation I found out that he was a big fan of Soul Coughing and knew their lead singer Mike Doughty quite well. He gave me a burned copy of Doughty’s new disc and I really dig it. So I’m looking through the LA Weekly a couple of days ago and lo’ and behold, Mike Doughty is playing in West Hollywood tonight. My good friend Vinnie is a big Soul Coughing fan as well so we’re going down to see the show in a couple of hours.

I don’t see rock shows as much as I should, so I’m pretty excited.

We tried out a new drummer today for Tyrell’s group. He sounded good and I think he’s going to work out well.


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. Ed 6:48 PM

    Awesome. I'm terribly jealous, Punchy. I loved Soul Coughing.

     
  2. Lyman 8:29 AM

    Don't be jealous. See above post.

    You have great taste btw ed.