The Greatest Spectacle in Racing

I grew up with the Indy 500. It was always a special day in Indianapolis and the month of May was always a special time. But when the owners of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway split off from CART and my favorite drivers I lost interest. And to tell you the truth I haven’t really given a flip about the 500 since my high school days.

But this year Danica got me interested again. First off, dig what a complete hottie she is:


There was a lot of hype around her. She qualified in 4th place and many thought she was a real contender. She was on talk shows, late-night shows, ESPN, you name it. So I decided to tune in to the 500 for the first time in years.

And did it ever bring back some memories; poolside BBQs with the race broadcasting over the radio, walking to the track from my aunt’s house for qualification days, watching Rick Mears win his 5th Indy 500 from seats right across from Pit Row, riding along 16th St. Memorial Day Weekend looking at all of the freaks and drunkards … great memories, great times.

Now with all of that pressure facing Danica you figured a letdown would be inevitable. But that was not the case and boy did she deliver. She was in the top five at the beginning of the race, she then stalled her car while pitting and fell to sixteenth, then she wrecked and made an unbelievable pit to keep on the lead lap, then she climbed all the way up to the lead. She was leading the race with ten laps to go and it looked like she might win it, but it wasn’t meant to be and she ended up finishing in 4th, where she’d started.

Still, not too shabby for a rookie. Or for a chick. Especially for a hot chick.

Thanks for the ride Danica. I’m a 500 fan again. Posted by Hello


About this entry


0 comments: