The BBQ

Carrie, Murphy and I went to an incredibly fun BBQ yesterday. It was the birthday of one of the boys of the Woodman Crew. It was an unbelievable day and the party was at a really great house. My boy Pasta is quite a chef and he really outdid himself; pulled pork BBQ sandwiches with cole slaw, sweet potato fries with cinnamon and sugar, burgers, pork ribs with one of the best BBQ sauces I’ve ever tasted (Pasta made it from scratch even), baked beans, and a bread pudding made from Krispy Kreme donuts. You heard me. Bread pudding with Krispy Kremes. It was downright sinful. The day culminated in one hilarious baseball game in the back yard. We played with a rubber ball and had to make up rules to suit the situation (any ball caught in a tree is a ground-rule double, two bases on an overthrow, etc.). I wish we had a video recorder because not only was it funny watching us hitting balls and running around, but some of the shit-talking was priceless. The game ended after four innings with my team winning 23-19. HA! Afterwards, I relaxed in the pool with a beer. I slept like a baby last night. It was so much fun.

I still haven’t gotten the rough takes from the recording session. This is pretty annoying, I’m really anxious to hear them. I got a call from the studio yesterday saying that a CD was ready for me but when I tried to call today to schedule a time to stop by I didn’t get an answer.

Playing at the jam session tonight, I’m looking forward to it. I haven’t played in the past couple of days.


About this entry


3 comments:

  1. Domenick Bartuccio 11:22 AM

    Dude, first signs of summer are the BBQ, the ball game and drinking by a pool.

    You accomplished all of it in one day, and for that, you are my summer idol.

     
  2. Lyman 3:35 PM

    Heya dom

    Good to hear you are proud of my accomplishment. But I must admit my body has been sore as hell since Monday. My legs still hurt. The price you pay for a good party ...

     
  3. asenetpro 1:14 AM

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    This is a posting promoting music related info on my site recording tip site/blog. It pretty much covers recording related stuff. my site is free for all to list their event post classified ad and to just post forum for hard to find info and many other thing music related. So if you are a dj, musician, producer, manager, engineer, artist, singer, dancer or have anything music related please visit my site and join to post all your info

    Joining is free for all list your site plus more

    recording tip