The Haps

This weekend proved to be pretty busy. After my relaxing night in San Diego it was back home LATE Sat. night so I could make it to an afternoon gig on Sunday. And if you didn't know Sunday was Carrie and I's seventh wedding anniversary. If you forgot, don't worry. We forgot too. Carrie was talking to a friend of hers last Thurs. and they were talking about their weekend plans when this friend asked "isn't Sunday your anniversary?" Sure enough it was. Are we a couple of space cadets or what? Anyway, Sunday night after my gig we went out for sushi and had a really great time that evening despite how clueless we were.

Milo has not been a very good sleeper lately. That's probably the reason why. We've been sort of sleep-deprived zombies.

But on the creative tip I've been practicing regularly again which is great. I've also been doing some little jam sessions with guys in town. And I don't know if I've mentioned it but I'm starting a new band, a Brazillian/Bossa Nova group with Jessica the vocalist on The Funky Supervillain. We rehearsed for the first time last week, I'm pretty excited about the project. I also made a decision to go out and see more music and try to make myself a part of the LA jazz scene again so tonight I checked out everyone's favorite guitar player Steve Cotter (another Lower Level member) who was playing with a great group at a local club.

The final leg of the Milo World Tour has been booked. We leave for Kona, Hawaii on July 25th and will be there for a whole week. Needless to say we are pretty stoked for the trip. We need to get Milo some Hawaiian print shirts and SPF 1,000.

Man, what about this crazy Chris Benoit asshole? I went through a HUGE wrestling phaze when I was 11 or 12 or so. Junkyard Dog, Superfly Snuka, King Kong Bundy, Leaping Lanny Poffo ... sure these guys were flabby and goofy but they did some pretty cool stuff and they didn't look like these juiced-up, 'roid-raging, over-tanned monstrosities that wrestlers are today. Hopefully everyone who has been defending steroid usage during this whole mess with Major League Baseball can get some perspective now. I just hope Barry Bonds doesn't wig out as bad as this maniac did.

New Top Five up. Go dig.


About this entry


4 comments:

  1. KHM 7:01 AM

    I do remember your pro-Wrestling days; you were so cute! Chris Benoit---scary asshole! There's just no way you can know the tiniest fragment of the story and not think its about the steroids...

    I want to go to Kona with you. Me and my HS best friend spent a week there just after our graduation; my first trip on my own. It was absolutely beautiful. I'm sure your Dad and sisters are going to be enraptured with all of you there!

    Happy Seven, dude. It must be almost Anna's birthday, eh?

     
  2. Carrie 9:52 AM

    Look in Milo's closet honey; he's all set to rock the island.

     
  3. kbmulder 10:12 AM

    Are you leaving for Hawaii this weekend? Or did you mean Aug. 1? Have a great time!!! Can't wait to see your Sunbaby picks from that trip. You could say it's your anniversary present to eachother. Sorry, I forgot to and I was a bridesmaid. My bad!! Happy Anniversary!!

     
  4. Lyman 10:32 AM

    oops, that should say July 25th ... fixed