What a long strange trip

We finally returned home to sunny Southern California yesterday. The trip was a lot of fun but it's always good to come home. We left Chicago for Indy Tuesday night (I-65 is eye-numbing at 2:00 AM) and stayed with mom for the rest of the trip. Every meal was spent visiting with family or friends until our flight left yesterday morning. Murphy returned to us last night to make our homecoming official.

I have to say Milo was such a good sport during the trip. He let strangers hold him and stayed in a good mood during his parties and visits. He's getting used to large crowds already.

So I watched the final two Sopranos last night. Interesting. I'm thinking there's going to be more or a movie or something. There wasn't a whole lot of finality.


About this entry


3 comments:

  1. KHM 8:44 AM

    I thought the last episode was a huge cop-out. Your notion of opening a door for a movie is a comforting one, but still I'm a little peeved.

    Here's the thing: last season we might all have been convinced that Tony had hallucinated much of what went down; they had the perfect construct for pulling off a host of end-of-run scenarios. But they didn't do that. Instead, we got a handful of dull episodes, two or three episodes that were explosive, with escalating tension among and between all major characters---the cut-to-black ploy just left all of that hanging.

    A huge cop-out. I'm surprised the HBO execs allowed Chase to get away with it.

    Welcome back to LA; are you going to post some of your photos from the trip on a website where we might all be able to order prints, etc?

     
  2. kbmulder 5:51 AM

    Did you think that your cable went out when it went black? That's what we thought. But now I'm thinking, Tony got shot and that's just what happens when you get shot (not that I know). Everything goes dark.

     
  3. KHM 10:44 AM

    yeah...we definitely thought we had a cable glitch! I'm thinking Tony got shot, too; all the little "clues" point that way.

    Did any of you check out John from Cincinatti or The Conchords airing in The Soprano's wake? I liked them both a lot!