I hath been memed:

1.Ten Years Ago-I was 19 years old. This would’ve been the summer after my freshmen year of college. I wanted to stay in Muncie (where my university was) instead of living at home for the summer. I sublet for a friend and moved in with my buddy Ryan. My cousin Neil gave me his old car, an 80s Chevy Citation. I was broke as a joke and had to work at a Burger King which actually wasn’t a bad job. That summer the legendary funk band NoodleBoy Stout was formed and I played all of the campus bars for the first time with them. I was clueless about girls and didn’t date at all.

2.Five Years Ago-The summer of 2000 was a monumental one for me. In that summer I graduated with my Masters degree, got married, honeymooned in Hawaii for a couple of weeks, drove across the country with my wife and moved to Los Angeles. I also attended the Henry Manicni Institute for the second time during the month of July.

3.One Year Ago-Last summer was a little slow for me. I was in town most of the time and went on the road very sporadically. I accompanied improvisation classes at the Mancini Institute and worked quite a bit in Orange County with a pianist/singer. I also started getting compositions and rehearsals together for my record which still isn’t done.

4.Yesterday-I hung out with my wife and her sister and husband who are visiting from Chicago. We took Carrie to the blood lab so she could get some tests done, ate breakfast at a really good spot Jinky’s, lounged by the pool all day long, ate dinner at a great Caribbean restaurant Ginja Lyon, then came home and played the classic Midwest card game Euchre. Carrie and I rarely get to play as it’s not popular here in L.A.

5.Today-Woke up and made pancakes for our guests. Read Lena’s blog and got memed, here I am. It’s still early.

6.Tomorrow-Hopefully get a haircut and manicure for the video shoot on Tuesday. I have a gig tomorrow night on a boat in Marina Del Ray.

7.Five Snacks You Enjoy-bananas, chips and salsa, Oreos, grapes, nuts

8.Five bands I know the lyrics of most of their songs-The Beatles, Soul Coughing … I dunno, I know a lot of the tunes Sinatra sings. That’s probably about it, most of the music I listen to doesn’t have lyrics.

9.Five things I would do with $100,000,000-Buy a great house, buy my mother a great house, build a fantastic recording studio, buy the greatest bass I could find, start a record label.

10.Five locations I’d like to run away to-I like where I live but I’ll say Kona, HA; downtown NYC; Saugatuck or any other nice lake town in Southwest MI; Melbourne, Australia; London.

11.Five bad habits-hamburgers, french fries, Coke, cookies, donuts.

12.Five things I like doing-playing my bass, kissing my wife on the cheek, experiencing great art, going to the comic book shop, listening to a hot new CD.

13.Five TV shows I like-Curb Your Enthusiasm, The World Series of Poker, Blow Out! (guilty pleasure), SportsCenter, any Dodgers, Lakers, Colts, or Pacers ball game.

14.Famous people I’d like to meet living or dead-John Coltrane, the apostle Paul.

15.Biggest joys at the moment-My dog is the cutest around, Carrie is starting to feel better finally, the wonderful SoCal summer weather.

16.Favorite toys-My GameBoy and GameCube fo’ sho’.

17.Five people to tag-I don’t read that many blogs … Jason and whoever else would like to do it.


About this entry


3 comments:

  1. Lena 1:35 PM

    New season of Curb Your Enthusiasm coming up soon. I hope they bring back Wanda Sykes- for at least one episode.

     
  2. Lena 6:59 PM

    PS Also got your package in the mail today!

    Thanks again!

     
  3. Lyman 10:03 PM

    You're welcome.

    I have to wait to see Curb on DVD as I don't have HBO. :(