The Red Eye

What a week it’s been. What a summer it’s been. I was looking at my calendar and I noticed that from July 26 to August 19 there are only two days off. Two! Out of twenty-five … I know, I know … cry me a river. But it has been a hectic summer. It looks like things are going to ease up some next month though. Tyrell just cancelled a grip of dates. That really sucks because it’s around two weeks worth of salary I was counting on, but in a way it’s alright. Next month I can relax a bit and finally finish my record. The wheels are in motion for the mixing and CD design. Hopefully it will be pressed at the end of September.

Yesterday I had a really long meeting with my friend Vinnie. We began work on my new website. It looks really good so far. It should be up and running next week. It will still be under construction when it goes up so you’ll have to bear with me for a while, but I’m really excited about it.

Today I had a really big gig downtown at CalPlaza. I didn’t play my best for sure. I was a little disappointed with my performance, I think all of the running around I’ve been doing caused me to lose a little focus. Oh well.

So tonight I’m taking a Red Eye tonight to Atlantic City, NJ for a gig tomorrow with Tyrell. We don’t get into Philly until 6 AM or so and then it’s another 2 or 3 hours to AC so it’s going to be a rough trip. But I’ll be happy when the gig is over and I can play some poker. That should be fun, I’ve never played in AC before.

Be back on Monday.


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. Lena 9:22 AM

    Ooo...Atlantic City. One of my friends went down there yesterday.

    You'll definitely have a good time- I've never actually been down there, which is weird since it's only about 2 1/2 hours away.

     
  2. Lyman 10:17 AM

    I didn't get much of a chance to enjoy the city.

    But that's cool, we're going to be back in October.