The past couple of days have been interesting to say the least.

I’ll make a long story short for you guys. Yesterday Carrie woke up with some swelling in her leg. She has had pain in that leg for the past few weeks. I took her to the Emergency Room at a nearby hospital and we soon found out she had a blood clot behind her knee. They immediately checked her in and started her on an IV that contained a blood thinner. She stayed over night and came back this afternoon. She is good right now. She’s going to be on a blood-thinning medicine for a few months and she needs shots twice a day for the next few days. (Guess who gets to give her the shots … Dr. Lyman!!). Hopefully the clot will begin to dissolve soon and stop making her uncomfortable. Being in a hospital is always scary on a certain level even if the problem doesn’t seem critical.

Thank goodness I was able to clear my schedule and be with her, I’m really glad I wasn’t on the road. Carrie’s sister and her husband are coming for a visit this weekend; I’m sure some fun will be good for her.

If you’re curious the doctor suspects the clot was caused by a combination of birth-control pills (which can cause them) and a long plane ride. Carrie’s leg started bugging her after we came home from Indiana a couple of weeks ago. She has a tendency to pass out from takeoff to landing. Staying still for that long probably did it. I’m glad my bladder hates airplanes and I have to “go” so often during a flight.

So there’s the skinny.

In other news I’m filming a music video with Tyrell next Tuesday. The video is for the song “Bella Note” from the Disney movie Lady and the Tramp. Steve’s new record label is Hollywood which is a Disney company. They are going to put the video on the Lady and the Tramp DVD that is being released next year. I might get a manicure before the shoot since every cameraman I’ve ever been in front of loves to get a shot of my hands playing the bass.

If I do get a manicure I offically become a certified, card-carrying metrosexual. Set the VCR to record Blow Out! and make sure I have the right pomade before heading over to check out the new Kenneth Cole selection at Robinsons/May!


About this entry


1 comments:

  1. Lyman 9:53 AM

    Miles Davis?

    Thank you, I will send along your well-wishes.

    And it looks like we're on for the Colts game!