Back in Houston

I'm back in the great state of Texas for another orchestra gig. Tomorrow night we'll be playing with the Houston Symphony which should be pretty good. This is a pretty short trip, we got in tonight and leave early Saturday morning. Short and sweet, nothing wrong with that.

And I have to confess to you all my geekiness for The Wire has reached new and scary heights.

If you're not familiar with Facebook its a social networking site much like Myspace. But it differs from Myspace in that its not as customizable and instead of adding a bunch of different bells and whistles via html on Facebook you add different Applications to your personal profile. These applications can be about a great variety of things; for example I have a book application on my profile. It posts pictures of books that I am reading or I have read and what my other friends with the same Application are reading.

Well, there is an Application for fans of The Wire and I am the 'officer' for said Application. That means for the Fans of the Wire homepage I facilitate discussion, approve user-submitted trivia, quotes, and pictures, and make sure things are running smoothly. So if you're a Facebook friend of mine and I ask you to become a fan of The Wire, do it.

I know, I know ... NERD!


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. KHM 3:20 PM

    I can't find the trivia, Mr. Officer.

     
  2. Lyman 9:17 PM

    Have you accepted my invitation? Trivia is right on the front page, or there's a tab you can click.