Starburys

If you hadn't heard, Comp USA is going out of business, this means a huge sale at all of their stores of course. Today we headed to Burbank so I could look for a long-lasting laptop battery but to my pleasant surprise the Comp USA had already closed up and had been replaced by a Steve and Barry's. This was good news. Why? Because I've been trying for a long time to get my hands on some Starbury's. They are pretty hard to find as they are extremely popular and only sold at Steve and Barry's, there is (was) only one location in L.A. So I walked away with two great, hip pairs of sneakers for only $20. Stephon Marbury is doing a great thing for underprivileged kids who see sneakers as status symbols; he's doing a great thing for my pocketbook too.

The three of us have spent the day together because Carrie is home from school for MLK day. K posted a poignant and timely quote on her blog, one I hope we can all take to heart:

An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.


About this entry


8 comments:

  1. KHM 5:05 PM

    Wow---so West Coast of you. Had no idea you were carrying a manpurse these days. I guess most people would think twice before giving you grief for it....

     
  2. Lyman 10:42 PM

    hah! You know I was being figurative right? pocketbook=money

     
  3. kbmulder 5:36 AM

    Oh, will you please model your Starbury's and post pictures? I'm wondering what these awesome shoes look like.

    Glad your fam was able to make it to a show!

     
  4. KHM 8:32 AM

    You might be metro- but you'll never carry a purse, that much I do know.

    I'm diggin' The Wire so far, how 'bout you? I have to go rewatch Episode 4 'cuz I was pretty fuzzy on some of the motivations.

     
  5. Lyman 9:43 AM

    You finally saw the light and started watching On Demand? That was a POWERFUL episode, the end broke my heart. What are you fuzzy about?

     
  6. KHM 2:19 PM

    I don't know why Marlo bumped Prop Joe, why Omar didn't. I'm still not really really certain of what McNulty and Lester are doing and I'm dying like hell to know what everyone's got on Cedric. Additionally something heavy is brewing with Carver and I want to rewatch the scene with Herc (the jerk).

    Seriously---are you able to follow all of this in a single viewing? I almost always have to watch each episode twice. I get about 70% the first time.

     
  7. Lyman 4:06 PM

    Marlo bumped Joe because he wanted to buy direct from the Greek and the Greek, in not so many words, made it clear that he didn't want to deal with both of them, only one.

    McNulty and Lester are 'creating' a serial killer so the case will get a lot of press and the Mayor will re-instate the Major Crimes Unit, only when he does they'll work on getting Marlo instead of the fake serial killer.

    If you recall from Season 1 (it was also mentioned in this last episode) Cedric Daniels used to skim money from drug arrests when he worked for the Eastern District, the dept. knew about it but it never went public. He was relegated to the Barksdale wire tap not long after.

    Carver is feeling guilty about what happened to Randy at the end of Season 4, he's becoming a "good" cop and that will mean ratting out the bad cops in his own unit if he has to.

    Never re-watched one episode.

     
  8. KHM 4:18 PM

    You suck and I sincerely appreciate this. Especially the Marlo/Joe piece.

    Carver is my favorite. I hope he doesn't take a fall.

    Yeah, I got the fake serial killer angle for McNutty and Lester but I get this funny feeling its going somewhere besides the Marlo path.

    Did I mention you suck?