Off to Music City

I've been in a deep depression after the Colts loss. Luckily I watched episode 3 of the Wire yesterday and it immediately put me in a better mood. And with American Idol debuting tonight my spirits should be sufficiently lifted.

I'm off for my first Tyrell gig in quite some time tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it, we are playing with the Nashville Symphony and the conductor is a well-respected jazz composer/arranger, Matt Catingub.

I've never been to Nashville before. I'm hoping I'm not inundated with too much country music ...


About this entry


4 comments:

  1. KHM 8:08 PM

    Do you think anyone is catching on to our incessant Wire blather? I could totally watch Seasons over and over and over. In fact, I need to go finish up One. Two is good, but I think I'll go directly to Three next.

    Careful in Nashville, baby; its pretty slick down there! Its not too far from Cousin Paul is it?

     
  2. Lyman 9:47 PM

    I'm not sure, I need to call him.

    And my dream is to have four days completely to myself doing nothing but fixing sandwiches, drinking Scotch and watching ever single season of The Wire.

     
  3. kbmulder 5:52 AM

    Nashville is lots of fun! We really enjoy the Pancake Pantry - if your into them. It's by Vanderbilt University.

     
  4. KHM 2:11 PM

    Sign me up. I'll bring the scotch.