Easter Weekend ...

... was pretty fun. Saturday I went to the gym then that night Carrie and I had dinner with another couple, friends of ours from back when we lived in Michigan. We went to Cheesecake Factory. I usually am no so hip on huge chain restaurants, but you have to give it up to this place. It was great. I ate too much as usual.

Sunday Carrie and I went to church. We go to a simply enormous church in Bel Air and there had to be close to 1000 people at the service. The music was great as was the sermon. The only negative was the babies crying ... or more accurately the mothers and fathers who didn't take the crying babies outside. After church I took Murphy to the park. It was absolutely PACKED with people. There were families EVERYWHERE grilling carne asada and hot dogs, throwing footballs, hunting for Easter eggs. Carrie and I live in a really poor area mostly 2nd or 3rd generation Mexican immigrants. It was really good to see so many people enjoying a public park like that. You don't see that everywhere. Afterwards we went over to another couple friends' place for dinner. Had a good time, ate too much again.

For some reason I fell asleep really early, 10:00 or so. That's early for me. I'm a napper, not the kind of guy who sleeps for 8-10 hours a night. So of course I wake up at 3:30 AM and can't go back to sleep for close to an hour. Our bed is a piece of crap. Maybe if we had a better one I could stay in there longer, but I had to move to the couch since I was so sick of tossing and turning.

Tomorrow is tax day. Today I have to add up all of my deductions which are extensive. What a drag. Hope we don't owe too much.

The next two weeks are pretty light as far as gigs. Then once the first week of April hits it seems like I don't stop until the second week of May. Going to my brother-in-law's wedding in Iowa, touring Moscow, Houston, upstate NY, Atlantic City, and Pennsylvania with Steve, and work in town.

Feast or famine with my job.


About this entry


0 comments: