No need for drama

I had the worst experience I've had on a gig in quite a while last night. I don't feel like going into it. Let me just say that for some reason there are some folks who hire musicians for jobs and enjoy treating them like monkeys who are only to be paraded out for entertainment ... Like they are to be "heard but not seen" to reverse a well-known parlance. Well, these folks either need to UNCLENCH or just bring a stereo to play music on. It would really save a lot of drama for all parties involved. 'Cuz the bread ain't worth the stress.

Besides that, yesterday was okay. And actually, playing music on the gig was a good time. There was only myself, a piano player, and a drummer and we had the place rockin' and the guests dancing. Hard to do with an acoustic jazz trio, but what can I say? When you got the funk, booties move no matter what axe you have in your hands. Everyone dug us except for the uptight lady who hired us. But I've already moved on from that.

In other news in a few short months I will have a baby niece. By brother-with-another-mother Jason and his wife are expecting a little girl. Congrats to them. Good news indeed.


About this entry


0 comments: