Toozday

Tomorrow I leave to do a couple of concerts with Tyrell. We're playing in Palm Springs tomorrow night and San Diego Thurs. It should be fun. It will be a lot of time driving but that's okay. I have my iPod. What a miracle that thing is. Brilliant design, brilliant interface, brilliant software. It's like having a portable radio station where you are the PD. Or a portable song library with readily available and ever-changing compilations.

I had a weird gig tonight. No need to go into details but sometimes I feel really uncomfortable on the bandstand. When bandleaders are acting like jerks, or the venue isn't cool, or the sound is bad, or if the vibe is just bad. Tonight was one of those nights.

I heard from Mahfood today. He digs the music and is charging me a great price for doing the album cover. Hopefully I'll get another rehearsal and studio session booked by the end of the week.

Carrie leaves for Indiana on Friday. She'll be gone until the middle of next week. So as soon as I come back from San Diego I'm taking her to the airport. Then on Saturday I have a gig with my buddy and excellent pianist Gary Matsumoto down in Newport Beach. There's also the LA Comic Book Convention this weekend that I'll need to hit. Busy week for me.


About this entry


0 comments: