This Low-Carb Crap is Out of Control!

I can handle seeing low-carb commercials, looking at silly "carb-conscious" menus at restaurants, watching people eat a hamburger with no bun, and sifting through a million different "low-carb"-labeled items at the grocery store. But last month I realized that the shit had gotten out of hand.

I lost a little over ten pounds last year. I did so by working out and eating Slim-Fast bars. I tried every kind of bar they had, chocolate, nuget, vanilla, fudge, etc. They all sucked. Then I finally found a couple that I really liked. They weren't dense and chewy like the other bars, they were like granola bars. So that's what I ate, peanut butter and chocolate chip flavored Slim-Fast granola bars. They were really good too and I was successful in shedding some pounds.

Well, I've put some of those pounds back on. So I figure "I'll try eating those granola Slim-Fast bars again." I go to the grocery store. I find the Slim-Fast bars but can't find my flavor. I'm looking and looking. I soon realize that every Slim-Fast bar is "carb conscious." They are smaller and have entirely different flavors. And no granola bars.

That's right folks. Diet bars have become "carb conscious." DIET BARS!!!!

Take the bread off the ham sandwich, I get that. But to say a DIET BARS isn't as good for you because it has a few grams of carbs!?!? Ludicrous.

***************

Last night Carrie and I saw a play down in Hollywood starring one of my friends and written by another friend. It was good. We had a great time and it was good seeing m'boy in action.

I love drawing parallels between artistic disciplines. There are certainly quite a bit between acting and music.


About this entry


3 comments:

  1. KHM 11:34 AM

    lym---check out your hotmail if you haven't in the last couple of days. I sent you some thoughts on monikers for your recording.

    sounds like the LA life is right up your alley, yo. Very very nice.

     
  2. Lyman 9:41 PM

    I got it. Thanks for the suggestions. Still racking my brain and agonizing trying to decide on something.

     
  3. KHM 4:35 PM

    I can imagine. In retrospect I'm not into any of my ideas for it either so I'm going to leave it to you, masterful one. Looking forward to LA---I want some good Mexican food, some In n Out burger and a good movie in a really cool theater. And Pink's!