You would not believe this house

The gig tonight was in the most magnificent mansion I've ever been in my entire life.

The owner of the home was a billionaire. One of the five richest guys in L.A. which is saying a helluva lot. I forget his last name, he's one of these rich guys that doesn't make a lot of noise about himself so I doubt you would recognize him anyway. He's a movie producer and television mogul from what I gathered. All I know is he has more money than I could even fathom. He's the largest landowner in Malibu, and that's some expensive real estate.

The mansion was on twelve acres in Bel Air. The place was enormous. The head of security used to be Chief of Police in Malibu. Full-time staff. A parking garage that could easily hold 30 cars. Pavarotti is a good friend of the family and stays in the guest house whenever he's in L.A. There were pictures of this guy with Reagan, Bush, and a whole mess of other important people.

But the most incredible part about it was his art collection. I saw three prints of Lautrec's. Pieces by Monet, Degas, Pizzarro, Kahlo (he produced the movie Frida), Picasso, and a really great Magritte. It was just amazing.

We played for a dinner party after everyone was done eating. Sly Stallone and Jacki Collins were there. Didn't get a chance to mingle though. I don't think they wanted the bum musicians fraternizing with any of the guests. Typical monkey-boy treatment. Oh well. That's rich folks for you.

But the house really was fantastic. I've been to the Playboy Mansion before. That place looks like a shack compared to the mansion I was in tonight.


About this entry


1 comments:

  1. Lyman 3:12 PM

    Rich people are fun if they want to share their richness.

    I'll certainly let you know next time I have a cool gig around LA. It's not like I only have one band, I freelance with a lot of different musicians. Did you go to the LA Con last week?

    Thanks for stopping by Patrick!